Result not appearing in results list

Skwilson
I've recently switched to MapRunF, but (despite making repeated apparently successful multiple uploads) my results from the two events I have done since switching don't display in the corresponding results. Other club members are having the same or similar problems. Any idea what might be going wrong?

Re: Result not appearing in results list

Hi. Please provide some more details. What event? What version of MapRunF and the version of Android/iOS and the make and model of phone. When you do a manual upload, do you get an error message? Peter

Re: Result not appearing in results list

DaveR
Peter,

I have had the same issue, so here are a few more details.
One of the courses we both failed to upload results for was Mugdock POC PXAS ScoreV90.

The auto-upload didn't work, possibly due to the notorioulsy poor mobile signal at Mugdock. When I got home I tried manual upload (several times over several days) which seemed to work, but nothing has appeared on the server. Messages were:

Uploading Track file...
Uploading Log file...
Upload successful
Results uploaded to server

Other club members have been successful in uploading Mugdock results, but I don't know if that was automatic or manual.

Stephen and I have both successfully run and uploaded results from a number of other other Maprun events e.g Mains Long

My phone is:
Moto g5, Android 8.1.0, MaprunF 5.0.9

Happy to provide any further diagnostics we can.

Many thanks for your help.

Dave

Re: Result not appearing in results list

Dave,

Thanks for the report... I refreshed the results of that event (a function that MapRun Admins have available to them) and I see results for a Dave with a surname starting with "R" (!?)

I'll check the logs to see if I can see why the results didn't get automatically updated.

Re: Result not appearing in results list

Skwilson
Many thanks for this: both mine (Stephen Wilson), Dave's (Dave Robertson) and my son's (Thomas Wilson) results (along with several others) have now appeared for "Mugdock POC PXAS ScoreV90" and seem to be in order. Many thanks!

Please could you do the same for the event "DunrodMedium PXAC" (and probably its partner "DunrodShort PXAC") with which several of us had exactly the same problem last week? Thanks!

Stephen

Re: Result not appearing in results list

Stephen

Looks like there are few things going on here.
Firstly there are published Dunrod Short and Medium courses (with a space in their name between Dunrod and Short/Medium).

The others you mention are CheckSites events - which only display a leaderboard - not full results as CheckSites is meant for checking/informal activity.

There are runs by Thomas and Stephen against DunrodMedium - but unfortunately the map file for this CheckSites event contains an under-score character ('_') - which messes up the results. The results are shown under and event "E" due to the Map being "Dunrod_E.kmz".

I'll add another check in CheckSites to avoid this happening again.

In the mean-time Sarah has published Dunrod Short and Dunrod Medium but no results have been posted for these.

Re: Result not appearing in results list

Skwilson
This post was updated on .
Dear Peter

Many thanks for these clarifications: yes, myself, Thomas and Alice all ran "DunrodMedium" a couple of weeks ago to check the control sites, and so now that the final version has been released as "Dunrod Medium" it is not worth worrying about our "results" for DunrodMedium. (Interestingly, for some reason Alice's "result" for DunrodMedium did upload, and, at least on my phone, the "results" for this course currently consists of two identical copies of Alice's result!)

Best wishes

Stephen

Re: Result not appearing in results list

hughff
It seems that all of my historical data has been lost. In the last few months alone I've had the following runs:
(actual date) - (event name)
2020.12.18 - Knightsbridge 20200515 Start anywhere PXAS28 ScoreV00 PZ
2020.12.28 - Hospital Hill 20200525 PXAS ScoreN60 PZ
2021.01.12 - Dolbel Reserve 20200516 PXAC PZ
2021.01.15 - Sugar Loaf PXAS ScoreN60 PZ
2021.01.18 - Havelock Hills PXAS ScoreQ60
2021.01.21 - Frimley Park 20201022 PXAC PZ
2021.01.21 - Pakowhai Park 20200422 PXAC
2021.01.24 - Marewa 20200521 PXAS ScoreN60 PZ
2021.01.27 - Cornwall Park 20210203 PXAC PZ
2021.03.23 - Tamatea Schools 20210217 PXAC PZ

However, I can find only the last of these events on the leaderboard. They had all been there previously, with my result in each.

Some were run with MapRunG and I have just added MapRun6 to my phone.

Might there be a reason for this?

Re: Result not appearing in results list

Hugh,

I'm not sure what you (aren't) seeing, but maybe the following might help.

When I click on your name in one of the event results, to see the list of your personal results ie this link: http://www.p.fne.com.au/rg/cgi-bin/PersonalResults.cgi?FirstName=Hugh&Surname=Forlong-Ford
I see 20+ results for you.

One thing that might be causing confusion is that the main results link, now by default, only returns results in the events that have had new results added in the last 7 days. We've done this as the volume of events and results is growing at a rapid rate, and the time it was taking to list ALL events for one to be selected for its results was starting to be a bit too long.

The vast majority of queries of results is for events that people have just run in (that day or in the last couple of days). So normally, 7 days of recent events results is fine.

You can still see the full list of Events if you do the following (sorry it's a bit finicky - and is on my list to change):
- In the results selection screen (shown below), change "Days History" to say 300 days
- Click OK and make sure the number of events shown on the second line increases (it can take a moment)
- Then enter a filter (optional) and then click the drop down list to show the events.

We have also been archiving some data. This generally won't affect the results display, except if the Administrator needs to rebuild the results for an event from the original individual results (in which case we need to restore some data for them).

Let me know if you still having problems.

Peter