MapRun v6

Re: MapRun v6 - KNOWN ISSUES

Stephen

Thanks for the report. That's not a scenario I have tested, but I've made no specific changes with regard to text input in MapRun6 apart from using the latest versions of all software modules and tools (which build for Android 11 and should be backwards compatible).

It looks like that later versions may have introduced an issue.

Can you provide more details please: Phone make and model, Android version, details of the eternal keyboard.

Re: MapRun v6 - KNOWN ISSUES

StephenB
Peter Effeney wrote
Can you provide more details please: Phone make and model, Android version, details of the external keyboard.
https://store.planetcom.co.uk/products/cosmo-communicator

(not an external keyboard)

Android 9

I suppose for kicks I could also try it on a Chromebook that supports Google Play apps.

Re: MapRun v6 - KNOWN ISSUES

Stephen

Sorry - I can't find any leads on this issue and without having that device, I don't think I'll be able to fix it.

The App is built in Flutter (from Google). I've not made any changes in the App that would be specific to text input... so it may be some incompatibility of the Flutter framework with that device... but I can't find any other reports.

I know it doesn't help you, but the device doesn't look like one that will be commonly used in MapRun events.

Re: MapRun v6 - KNOWN ISSUES

David C
Hello Peter

Tried to download  UK / Leicestershire / Beacon Hill / BeaconTopGreen

MapRun6 does not download the orienteering map but MapRunF does.

Just reporting to highlight a potential issue.

Thanks for all you do with this brilliant app.

Re: MapRun v6 - KNOWN ISSUES

David

Thanks for the report.

I've tried that event on MapRun6 on my iPhone and it loads OK.

Can you provide more details please (Device type, Wifi/Cellular?, confirm other events are loading and can you find any others that don't load)

Re: MapRun v6 - KNOWN ISSUES

David C
Other events are loading just fine, Peter, using my home WiFi. My phone is called Alcatel and has been fine apart from this course. Last weekend I bumped into some people doing this course using their iPhone - I had told them about Maprun - but they were beginners and when they showed me their phone screen there was no orienteering map.
I haven't found any other courses so far that are not loading.
David

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021, 20:01 Peter Effeney [via MapRun], <[hidden email]> wrote:
David

Thanks for the report.

I've tried that event on MapRun6 on my iPhone and it loads OK.

Can you provide more details please (Device type, Wifi/Cellular?, confirm other events are loading and can you find any others that don't load)

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRun-v6-tp934p1023.html
To unsubscribe from MapRun v6, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRun v6 - KNOWN ISSUES

David C
I just gave it another couple of tries with maprun6 and now it downloaded. Very odd.

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021, 20:37 David C [via MapRun], <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRun-v6-tp934p1024.html
To unsubscribe from MapRun v6, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRun v6 - KNOWN ISSUES

David

Thanks for the report that it is now working. Most likely a transient network connectivity issue. MapRun is hosted in Amazon Web Services data centres, so normally network performance is of a very high standard.

Re: MapRun v6

imurphy
I've tried MapRun6 (6.1.8) on a couple of courses now.
Only problem I'm having is the email functionality.
Within Show Results -> Email track (does nothing on my Android Google Pixel 4a)
Also within My Tracks -> Selecting the email icon (does nothing)

Re: MapRun v6

The emailing functions within MapRunF/MapRun6 attempt to create a draft email in the email client you are using on your phone. Typically on an iPhone, this needs to be Apple Mail. On Android, gmail works well, but it may be problematic with other email clients.

All that MapRun does is create a draft email with file attached. You will then be able to edit the email in your email client and ultimately press send.

Re: MapRun v6

imurphy
This post was updated on .
I'm using gmail and there is no email in my draft folder.
I recall MapRunF used to prompt as to what I wanted to do with file (share
to various apps; email, GDrive, etc). I don't get that now & checked there
are no defaults set for app.

Regards,
Ian.

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 at 10:38, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <
ml+s250607n1050h85@n8.nabble.com> wrote:

> The emailing functions within MapRunF/MapRun6 attempt to create a draft
> email in the email client you are using on your phone. Typically on an
> iPhone, this needs to be Apple Mail. On Android, gmail works well, but it
> may be problematic with other email clients.
>
> All that MapRun does is create a draft email with file attached. You will
> then be able to edit the email in your email client and ultimately press
> send.
>
> Peter

> .
> NAML
> <http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: MapRun v6

imurphy
Hi Peter,
is there any secret storage location of the track file on my phone since the gmail client isn't doing as expected?
Have done 2 courses using MapRun 6 and can't get tracks off phone to import into MapMyFitness so considering going back to MapRun 5
Regards, Ian.

Re: MapRun v6

Ian,

The coding relating to emailing tracks has not changed between MapRunF and MapRun6 so I wouldn't expect different behaviour. Maybe check permissions to make sure MapRun6 can write to storage.

Re: MapRun v6

patmacleod-f
Peter,
I've hit the same issue with Maprun 6 today. I think I have emailed tracks from maprun6 before, but my phone has recently done a big update to Android 11. I can email a track from MaprunF, but nothing happens when tapping send Track from Maprun6. Looking at the app permissions, MaprunF has permission to access all data, while maprun6 can only access Media. This seems a new feature in Android 11! See screenshot:

For Maprun6 Android only offers a choice of 'Access to media only' or 'Deny'. For maprunF, it offers 'Allow manaement of all files' or 'Deny'. I wonder if something has changed in Android

Re: MapRun v6

Ian, Pat,
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out further.

Re: MapRun v6

imurphy
Hi Peter,
following on from Pat's update.
Just to confirm I've been on Android 11 for a few months.
Regards,
Ian.

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 at 10:24, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ian, Pat,
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out further.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRun-v6-tp934p1103.html
To unsubscribe from MapRun v6, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRun v6

Ian, just to confirm, has the export to email ever worked on Android 11 for you? (or are you saying it's a new problem). Peter

Re: MapRun v6

imurphy
Hi Peter, I've been on Android 11 for about 4 months and the export worked fine and continues to do so on V5. It has never worked on V6.
Regards,
Ian.

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 at 20:41, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ian, just to confirm, has the export to email ever worked on Android 11 for you? (or are you saying it's a new problem). Peter

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRun-v6-tp934p1109.html
To unsubscribe from MapRun v6, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRun v6

Ian

Thanks, that helps.

MapRun6 is built to target Android 11 and so some new security features now take effect. MapRunF will run on Android 11, but it didn't need to meet all the new requirements.

I'll look into it a bit further.

Thanks for the help,

Re: MapRun v6

imurphy
Hi Peter,
I went into the app permissions (files and media) for both versions and as Pat has experienced this is what I'm getting.
Regards,
Ian.

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 at 09:51, Ian Murphy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Peter, I've been on Android 11 for about 4 months and the export worked fine and continues to do so on V5. It has never worked on V6.
Regards,
Ian.

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 at 20:41, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ian, just to confirm, has the export to email ever worked on Android 11 for you? (or are you saying it's a new problem). Peter

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRun-v6-tp934p1109.html
To unsubscribe from MapRun v6, click here.
NAML

Screenshot_20210416-095709.jpg (51K) Download Attachment
Screenshot_20210416-095652.jpg (52K) Download Attachment
123