MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

12345678 ... 13

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Andrew

It's showing in the Apple admin tool to me as available with 6 people having installed it.
I've 'expired' some of the previous versions to see if that helps.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Paul

Thanks - I've just now 'expired' 5.0.5 incase that was the issue.
Some people at least are seeing 5.0.8

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Si Read
Peter, same here, still only get 5.0.5, or Error, Try Again.

Si

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Si,

Maybe try deleting MapRunF… if you don’t mind losing history… and then seeing if TestFlight will give you 5.0.8??
Or wait a bit and see if something changes at the Apple end.

Peter

On 5 Jul 2020, at 6:18 am, Si Read [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Peter, same here, still only get 5.0.5, or Error, Try Again.

Si

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p357.html
To start a new topic under MapRun, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MapRun, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Si Read
Hi Peter,

I have deleted MapRunF. Can still see 5.0.5 via TestFlight, but it now won’t install as you’ve removed it (that bit works!).

No option but to wait for Apple to sort.

Thanks,

Si

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

PaulBasher

I tried an iPhone reboot but still the same 5.0.5 only available

I don't think I will delete MapRunF as it didn't work for others.

Paul

Paul Basher
email: [hidden email]

On 04/07/2020 21:23, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] wrote:
Si,

Maybe try deleting MapRunF… if you don’t mind losing history… and then seeing if TestFlight will give you 5.0.8??
Or wait a bit and see if something changes at the Apple end.

Peter

On 5 Jul 2020, at 6:18 am, Si Read [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Peter, same here, still only get 5.0.5, or Error, Try Again.

Si

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p357.html
To start a new topic under MapRun, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from MapRun, click here.
NAML

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p358.html
To unsubscribe from MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

MichaelRaz
Same problem.  Tried deleting 5.0.5 and TestFlight but now still only shows the old version but cannot install it.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Michael - I've deleted you from the testers and then re-added you.
Any improvement?

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

MichaelRaz
That worked.  Thanks Peter.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Si Read
Good new Michael.

Peter - can you do the same for me please?

Thanks,

Si

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Si - Done - Let me know if there are still issues, Peter

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Si Read
Sorted - thank you.

Si

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

PaulBasher

Do you want to delete me also and I will delete MapRunF at my end

Paul

Paul Basher
email: [hidden email]

On 04/07/2020 22:51, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] wrote:
Si - Done - Let me know if there are still issues, Peter

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p366.html
To unsubscribe from MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Paul,

Now done at my end ...not sure you'll need to delete MapRunF.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

PaulBasher
Hi Peter
I didn’t need to , all updated
Thanks, Paul

Sent from my iPhone

On 4 Jul 2020, at 23:06, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Paul,

Now done at my end ...not sure you'll need to delete MapRunF.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p369.html
To unsubscribe from MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Andrew H
Tried again to update to 5.0.8 this morning and worked perfectly.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

MichaelRaz
5.0.8 Fenix5X latest MapRunG

Not really much to say - tried a QuickStart lake Kayak course and everything ran as expected.  I used MapRunF as well and no discrepancies between the 2. Download and upload of course results went smoothly.

Garmin Connect (iPhone XS Max):  MapRunG data displayed for the event is duplicating the field name

And, as has been mentioned, the time is in milliseconds.  What is SAW?

Observation on QuickStart:  no idea is this is new or I have not noticed as I have only played briefly with QuickStart but the first course I made and uploaded to the watch I noticed that it was set as a Scatter.  I remade it in MapRunF with the “line” option selected in the screen but this only showed the lines between the controls as I added controls - the default was still Scatter.  No issue changing it to a pt to pt course in the settings before uploading to the watch but was wondering if Scatter has always been the default in MapRunF for quick start courses?

Thanks again for the amazing work with all of this!

Michael Raz

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Mark
Ran today on the latest versions of everything.

All worked perfectly, watch was quick and accurate and the upload sync at the end appeared quicker.

Does say I have 31 tracks - are these taking up memory on the watxh or are these on the Garmin Server? If the later I'm not fussed  however otherwise will these become a potential memory issue in the future?

Great work on this.

Devices:

VivoActiveHR
Android Samsung S10

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Thanks for the feedback (and testing).

Once you sign into Garmin connect in MapRun, when you are getting tracks from Garmin, it shows all activities undertaken on your watch to choose from - even if these are not from MapRunG.

I could filter out the non-MapRunG activities, but there are cases where someone might do a "normal" run on their Watch and want to upload it as a MapRun result.

MapRunG doesn't change however Garmin manages which tracks stay on your watch versus only being available on Garmin Connect. Presumably they have an algorithm that removes tracks from the watch when it needs to space(??)... So don'e worry about the 31 tracks...

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

rcronin
Hi Peter,

I've updated my Garmin 645 to use v 0.3.4 and iOS to v 5.0.8. Get track from Garmin still gives the orange warning message as before but apart from that it's calculated the score and uploaded route and result fine.
12345678 ... 13