MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

1 ... 910111213

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Oli,

I think the way Garmin works is that it will only allow installs on the devices listed as compatible. The list for MapRunG is listed in the Connect IQ store as:

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/05fa6a5e-e9e6-4865-8b3b-0b8a3c64eeba

No FR745 listed. It's probably a new model... If so, we'll need to look at doing a version of MapRunG that includes it (and any other new models). No other known requests at this stage.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Oliread
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick response. I had assumed forward compatibility with the newer model, my mistake. Do I need to log the request for the app for the 745 anywhere or can it be left with you?

Oli

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Oli

What you say makes sense... but it doesn't seem to work that way.

I'll add FR745 to the list for the next release.... but I don't have a definite timeline at this stage.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Oli,

There is now a version 1.2.0 in the Garmin Store which should support Forerunner 745's.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Steve1
Garmin Endurance please Peter - about to treat myself to a new update :)

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Steve,

It's not on the supported list at this stage.

We'd have to check it out and see what's involved, if viable, would need to release a new version of MapRunG.

Can you send a link to the specific watch model you are referring to (Garmin Endurance?).

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Steve1
Its  Called Garmin Enduro - basically Fenix 6 Pro Solar with extra battery life.

I’ve ordered one will be here Tuesday :)

here’s the link

https://buy.garmin.com/en-AU/AU/p/702797

Steve

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Urban
Hi Peter, will the new Foreruner 55 be supported any time soon for MapRunG? The watch is Garmin Connect IQ compatible and so I assume that the MapRunG app. can be updated to include support for the device?

As always, thanks!
Urban and Sprint Orienteer, Runner and occasional Zwifter.
#UrbanOrienteering
#ThinkFastRunHard

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Thanks - I hadn't seen that one yet - Will check it out.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

v1.4.0 now in the Connect IQ Store supports Forerunner 55. Peter

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Si Read
Peter,

Is this an update to MapRun6.3.8? Should I update with MapRunG 1.4.0?

Thanks,

Si

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Si

This is a MapRunG update for Garmin Watches.
It was released to support Garmin 55 watches.

It doesn't depend on any particular version of MapRun6.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Urban
As quick and efficient as ever, thanks Peter.
Urban and Sprint Orienteer, Runner and occasional Zwifter.
#UrbanOrienteering
#ThinkFastRunHard

Peter, I’ve been using MaprunG on my Garmin enduro for a few weeks since the previous version. Last night at nightnav I couldn’t find maprung on my watch. I ran using my phone app instead. Upon closer examination I believe my watch has done an auto update of the ConnectIQ app to 1.4.0 but the install has Failed. Connect has placed it in the “removed” area and when I try  to manually install it nothing happens. Has something happened between 1.3.0 and 1.4.0 that stops it working on an enduro???? Steve

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Steve

On one of my watches I needed to remove the old version before the new one would install.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

chrise
hi Peter,

As the forerunner 955 and 255 have just come out (as has the edge 1040 I think), is there any plan for a new version of map run g for these devices?

(Being so soon after release I wouldn't have expected one to exist yet!)

Thanks,
Chris

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Chris,

Thanks for the heads-up.
These models are all later versions of the models we currently support, so I expect we will include these in the next version of MapRunG.

Timing and 100% guarantee, yet to be determined.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Chris,

MapRunG Version 1.4.2 is now available in the Garmin Connect IQ store, with support for these new models.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

chrise
That was very speedy. Thank you.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

NigelH
I noticed something odd which might be connected with this update. I hadn't used MapRunG for a while and hadn't sync'd my watch using Garmin Express since before this update, although it might have sync'd via my phone. When I came to try to use MapRunG a couple of days ago, I found it had vanished from my watch. I was able to re-install it but had some problems getting it to accept the event I'd uploaded; I might have pressed the wrong button, but I got a screen with IQ and a warning triangle with a "!" in it that I'd never seen before, followed by a different watch ID which was rather frustrating as it happened several times. Having somehow got it to accept a course it's now back to normal I think, but the error screen with no information was very confusing. (Maybe earlier versions had this but I never saw it.)
1 ... 910111213