MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

1 ... 678910111213

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Mark
There appears to be an issue again as MaprunF is not able to find any tracks from the Garmin Server to upload.

Not sure if Garmin have changed something as it was working nicely earlier in the week.

RE: Garmin login - unknown error

Jeremy Wilde
Ed
I got this error from MapRunF when I first tried to login to Garmin after downloading MapRunG. It was caused by me not noticing the Garmin ID field to the left of the login button and leaving it blank
Jeremy

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

edcatmur
I tried again just now and was able to login and upload a course to my watch, so whatever the issue is it's intermittent. Looking forward to giving it a go!

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

David C
I used MapRunG this afternoon and all recorded as expected on Garmin 245 watch and it transferred to Garmin connect but MapRunF does not find any tracks for me either. It says 'Error getting track from Garmin'.

It worked last week once Garmin came back.

Ah yes, I'm getting the same error now that I've done the run. If I can't get it working soon I'll try the manual upload mentioned below
http://p.fne.com.au/#/gpsupload

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Mark
Yes.

It did work last week so wondering if Garmin have changed the permissions or something? I'm sure Peter will be aware of this issue.

If you upload via this link please tell me how you do it. I can't export the .gpx file from Garmin Connect for the activity. I can get the .FIT file from the watch when I plug in to the PC via USB but don't know how to convert that efficiently.

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Mark
If you log on to Garmin Connect on the computer - you can download the GPX quite easily. You just find that activity and you will see the GPX option in the menu on the top right of the page.

Of course this is much easier if MapRunF is able to find it on the Garmin server - sadly Garmin appear to have let things slip recently with the security etc. I just hope they never paid the ransom and actually these issues are because of their restore of the system.

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Mark,

I've just had a look - we are getting errors back from Garmin when MapRunF tries to access the FIT files in Garmin Connect.

It's potentially a temporary thing as they unscramble things at their end... it did seem to be working since they came back on line.

I have tried logging out of Garmin in MapRunF and logging back in and still get the same issue.

I will keep investigating/monitoring.

I see the status of their API service is NOT all green

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

David C
I tried to do the export to gpx before Mark but at the moment this is what I get.

400 Bad request

Your browser sent an invalid request.

I guess we may never know if they paid the ransom. I too hope they did not.

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Mark
David,

What browser are you using?

I am using Firefox and when clicking the settings cog you get the option to export as a TCX , GPX or Google Maps.

Maybe try a different browser if you are having issues.

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

David C
Edge Chromium

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020, 20:34 Mark [via MapRun], <[hidden email]> wrote:
What browser are you using?

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p508.html
To unsubscribe from MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch, click here.
NAML

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Login to Garmin in MapRunF appears to be working fine generally ... although some Garmin Services are still down and there are issues with retrieving tracks from Garmin at the moment.

Maybe retry after a while. If you still have problems, send some screenshots of the error to the support email address (see www.maprunners.com.au)

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Mark
Maybe try downloading Firefox and see if it is a browser issue? The reason I suggest Firefox is I know that works for me.

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

David C
Just downloaded Firefox and tried it. Same result - same error message. In both browsers I get the cog icon and the option to 'export to gpx' comes up but when I click that I get the error message.

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

MichaelRaz
I currently have the same issue - likely a residual effect from the Garmin issue.  There are a number of converters available to handle your fit file to GPX Requirement.  I’m only only on a phone at the moment so going from memory only there are a number of standalone applications such as GPSBabel that will do this.  In addition, there are also many web services that will also provide a quick and easy conversion such as GPSies. Then you can upload.  Sorry I can’t provide actual links but they should be easy to find.

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

David C
Thanks. I think I will wait and see how things are tomorrow but will look up those converters anyway.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p515.html
To unsubscribe from MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch, click here.
NAML

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Mark
Strange.

Honestly baffled on that one.

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Tom Barkas
I tried my first run and get the same problem. Can’t remember if I clicked on Garmin login before I did the trail, but, anyway, lots of people seem to have this error, so I’d guess it’s Garmin

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

edcatmur
Garmin website is still unhappy, so I downloaded the GPX from Strava and uploaded that. Probably the simplest workaround (as long as Garmin/Strava integration is working).
1 ... 678910111213