MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

1 ... 78910111213

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

David C
I just opened a Strava account and did the same as you, Edcatmur. Then on uploading to MapRunF it puts me at 49s faster for the 6.55k I ran. Oh, well! It will all sort out at Garmin in the end - I hope!

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Garmin are still working on issues:

The response from Garmin at 20:30UTC/GMT  on 3 August 2020 was:

We are currently experiencing a downtime of our services. All teams are working dilligently on solving this issue.
We will immediately let you know as soon as this situation has been resolved.

Until that is resolved, "Get track from Garmin" will NOT work.

Please use the work-around mentioned here: http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p483.html

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

A reply from Garmin at 13:00 3 August 2020 (UTC/GMT):

"We apologize for the inconvenience that outage is causing. Out team is aware of issues regarding retrieving FIT files. We are working around the clock to fix it. I do not have an estimate yet when all services will be back to normal."

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

David C
Thanks for the update, Peter.

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020, 19:14 Peter Effeney [via MapRun], <[hidden email]> wrote:
A reply from Garmin at 13:00 3 August 2020 (UTC/GMT):

"We apologize for the inconvenience that outage is causing. Out team is aware of issues regarding retrieving FIT files. We are working around the clock to fix it. I do not have an estimate yet when all services will be back to normal."

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p538.html
To unsubscribe from MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

SimonStarkey
I've been trying to put MapRunG on my Forerunner 735XT.  Garmin Express has just updated the watch to V9.70 software.  The App store tells me my watch needs upgrading before it can support MapRunG.  Has anyone seen this issue or is it a result of the recent upheavals at Garmin?
Simon Starkey

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Mark
Saying this quietly, but appears that it may well be back up and running.

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Mark

Looks promising... I've been able to "Get track from Garmin" in MapRunF as well.

Having said that, the status of their API is still yellow and they haven't closed my support ticket.

But let's not worry about that if its working!!!

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

SimonStarkey
Mark,

The watch has just upgraded itself to 9.80 software via Garmin Gonnect, but MapRunG still says my watch needs an upgrade to run!

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 at 07:16, Mark [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Saying this quietly, but appears that it may well be back up and running.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p545.html
To unsubscribe from MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch, click here.
NAML
Simon Starkey

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

Mark
Peter is your man for these things.

Silly question maybe - but MapRunG does run on that Garmin?

I have no idea of MapRunG users in total, but looking at our MapRunners in my club , many who use Garmin appear to have been out today - I've just done a run and confirm the FIT files are being found and its working.

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

SimonStarkey
It's on the list of compatible devices.  I think it's the initial app load that's the issue.  Try again tomorrow.

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020, 20:05 Mark [via MapRun], <[hidden email]> wrote:
Peter is your man for these things.

Silly question maybe - but MapRunG does run on that Garmin?

I have no idea of MapRunG users in total, but looking at our MapRunners in my club , many who use Garmin appear to have been out today - I've just done a run and confirm the FIT files are being found and its working.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p548.html
To unsubscribe from MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch, click here.
NAML
Simon Starkey

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

We have multiple users with FR735XT watches.

All I can suggest is:
Unplug the device, power down device, shut down Garmin connect/express. Restart it all. Resync. Check for more updates.
Maybe try other App installs too.

Re: Garmin login - unknown error

SimonStarkey
The complete power cycle solution worked.  Thanks.  Now for some orienteering!

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 at 22:15, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:
We have multiple users with FR735XT watches.

All I can suggest is:
Unplug the device, power down device, shut down Garmin connect/express. Restart it all. Resync. Check for more updates.
Maybe try other App installs too.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p550.html
To unsubscribe from MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch, click here.
NAML
Simon Starkey

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

delanthear
Has anyone had any luck getting it working on a Forerunner 230?  Connect IQ seems to suggest it will work, but I just get the "Problem, Check in MapRunF that you have selected and sent an event"

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

delanthear
Duh.  Watch reboot sorted it.  Well, I can confirm it seems to work!

Re: Having trouble with pairing Watch and Phone

MarkW
After having no problems for a couple of months, yesterday the course would not transfer from phone to watch. So we ran around with just the phone. Later when I had time to investigate, discovered that the watch ids were different between the phone and the watch. Not something we had changed manually.

Not a big problem when you realise this and easy to fix but something to check if it stops working for you.

I don't know if any automatic updates may have caused this?

Re: Having trouble with pairing Watch and Phone

Mark,

Thanks for the post - It would be good to get to the bottom of this, and to see whether anyone else has been affected. There have not been any new versions of MapRunF or MapRunG released, but potentially a Garmin upgrade could have occurred.

It would be interesting to know whether the ID in MapRunF has changed (unlikely), or the one in MapRunG has changed.

If you'd like to email some more details to the support email address, I can check the watch ID you have previously been using, and so we could at least determine whether MapRunF or MapRunG has changed.

Re: Having trouble with pairing Watch and Phone

Steve1
I’ve been using MapRun on my Garmin Fenix 3 for about 3 months and I’ve had this happen once. Without me knowingly changing anything one night I just couldn’t get it to transfer the course to
My watch. And then I noticed the Id number had changed. I thought I was going mad, so I never said anything ....

Just once, about 1 month ago. Never before, never since.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 Sep 2020, at 8:39 pm, Peter Effeney [via MapRun] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Mark,

Thanks for the post - It would be good to get to the bottom of this, and to see whether anyone else has been affected. There have not been any new versions of MapRunF or MapRunG released, but potentially a Garmin upgrade could have occurred.

It would be interesting to know whether the ID in MapRunF has changed (unlikely), or the one in MapRunG has changed.

If you'd like to email some more details to the support email address, I can check the watch ID you have previously been using, and so we could at least determine whether MapRunF or MapRunG has changed.

http://maprun.250607.n8.nabble.com/MapRunG-MapRun-on-a-Garmin-Watch-tp188p690.html
To unsubscribe from MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch, click here.
NAML

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Oliread
I’m having issues downloading an event to my forerunner 235. Watch is paired with the id in MapRunF but the event doesn’t pull through to the watch. In the Event log I noticed an error is being logged

MapRunEvent: Garmin send Event To Watch
Watch UDID 1755955963
Event: Heworth PZ Score V45
StatusMessage: (blank)

Thanks

Oli

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Oli,

I can see that event has been sent to the watch with that ID on the server.

I suggest, double-check that you can see your watch as connected to your phone in the Garmin Connect App. You should be able to "Sync" the watch in that App successfully.
Once this occurs, restart the MapRunG App on your watch and the event should load.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Oliread
Hi Peter,

Interesting one, the sync appeared to complete on the Connect phone app but didn’t update the watch. After restarting the watch it still didn’t pull through. I unpaired phone and watch and had an error connecting to the Garmin server. Attempted again, sync Completed successfully and my event is showing. Looking forward to my first MapRunG outing today.

Thank you

Oli
1 ... 78910111213