MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

1 ... 10111213

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Peter Effeney
Administrator
Nigel,

Sorry to hear of the issues.

Are the errors you are seeing, within the MapRunG App functions, or within the process of installing/syncing the App?

Are you able to provide more specific context for how/when the error occurred?

Peter

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

NigelH
Hi Peter,

Sure. The last time I used MapRunG prior to the problem was on 28th April and it was version 1.4.1 - I nearly always sync my watch with Garmin Express on the day of a run and that updates MapRunG if applicable. The last time I sync'd it in this way was on 10th June, and I don't recall any updates being done then. I ran with the watch on 16th June (not MapRun) but deleted the run and didn't sync, although the watch probably sync'd via my phone. Then the next time I ran was on 23rd June when the problem occurred.

As far as the error screen is concerned, I can reproduce that by starting MapRunG (with no event loaded), pressing the "return" button (rather than "start/stop" as stated in the message that appears if I wait longer), and then selecting "continue". My description was slightly inaccurate before; it's a white screen with "IQ" in blue and a "!" in a yellow circle above the Q. Pressing "return" again takes me back to the screen with IQ, run, etc, and selecting IQ then Maprun again starts the app as normal without changing the Id (so I'm not sure what I did differently before that caused a new Id to be generated).

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Steve1
@peter - remember I used to have this exact same problem about one and half years ago with my Garmin Enduro when you first started supporting it?

For the short term, I just did a reset of my Garmin watch as i arrived at nightnav and once restarted the MapRunG app appeared on my watch again.

Eventually, it was fixed. Never sure if it was a Garmin firmware update or a maprunG update but either way I haven’t had the problem for at least the last 6 months.

Steve

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Peter Effeney
Administrator
Steve,

Thanks - Our best diagnosis to date is that as we introduce new versions of MapRunG we use the latest version of Garmin system tools and software libraries. It appears that the transition to the upgraded system software on some watches has a few bumps, and then settles down.

Peter
1 ... 10111213