MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

1 ... 8910111213

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Oli,

Thanks for the update - Good to see you sorted it out.

I see a good result for you, so it looks like things have gone well.

Regards Peter

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

andrewk
Everything fine until trying to get the track from Garmin.  It's there in Garmin Connect, but MapRunF on my phone tells me that there is no track.  Not had any problem before other than it taking time to transfer.  Any suggestions?

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Si Read
I’ve the exact same problem having installed the latest version of MapRunF (5.0.9) from the App Store, I sent the track to the watch, ran the course with no problem, saved the course on the watch, but can’t retrieve it to MapRunF even though it’s gone across to Garmin Connect and Strava. The Watch ID is correct. The message when I try and retrieve the track is ‘No tracks for user’ and ‘Error Mismatch’.

Any idea what the issue is?

Thank you,

Si

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Seeing that you've changed from the beta App to the MapRunF App from the App store, you may need to try logging out of Garmin and logging back in. That is: within MapRunF > Options and Settings > Under "GPS Watch Mode" tap Garmin Logout > then Garmin Login.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

MarkCh
I too am having problems uploading results to MapRun F from my Garmin FR245. I haven't done this for about 6 weeks so my memory of doing this is abit sketchy but previously once I have connected my phone to the watch it was then pretty simple. This time I go "Get track from Garmin" and it comes up with "No tracks for user". I have tried using the "previous track" button and refresh plus I have re-booted. All to no avail. I tried logging out of Garmin within MapRun F settings but the warnings put me off. One other thing, the last garmin track isn't the MapRun G track. This is the 2nd Last. What to do next to push my result?

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Andrew,

All I can suggest is you double-check the steps:
- Check that the watch ID is the same in MapRunG and MapRunF
- Re-send the event to the watch (from MapRunF)
- Check that Garmin Connect is running on your phone and do a Sync to your watch
- Make sure this completes successfully
- Then restart MapRunG on the watch
- The event should then download to the watch

If you are still having issues send me the WatchId and I'll check the logs on the server

OK - I have now logged out of Garmin Connect and then deleted MapRun F cert within the web version of garmin connect. Then logged back in to GC and tried again and exactly no difference.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Si Read
Thanks Peter, tried that and still the same. When I logged out of Garmin from within MapRunF, it said I would not be able to access any previous tracks. Is there a way to upload the track I generated tonight to MapRunF via another means?

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

The way it works is:
- All your runs (MapRunG or not) sync to Garmin via Garmin Connect
- Once a new track appears at Garmin, for Garmin Users who have given MapRunF permission to access their tracks, Gamin sends a "ping" to MapRun with details of the new track
- When you "Get Track from Garmin" we look for pings relating to that Garmin user.

So:
- Check the track is showing in Garmin Connect - to prove that the watch has sync'd the track to Garmin
- Then try MapRunF > Results > Get Track from Garmin - being sure you are online

If still not working send details to the support email address given on the www.maprunners.com.au website, with your watch ID, name, event name.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

andrewk
Hi Peter
Sorry if am being ignorant, but those steps look as if you're asking me to load my watch with an event from MaprunF, ie before an event is run, as if that transfer didn't work.  That bit was fine, and I then ran the eventwith MaprunG successfully, with all the controls accurately registering, and the track has transferred successfully to Garmin Connect. It's the next bit, the result transferring from Garmin Connect to MaprunF on my watch (and presumably to Maprun servers) that's not working.  So, for instance, the first bit surely couldn't have worked if the watch ids were different? They are, having checked, the same. (I might be using your instructions though with my wife's watch, where events don't seem to be loading!).

I temporarily resolved the issue for this particular event by uploading the GPX track from Garmin Connect to the event on Maprun.  It made me 10 secs slower (!) but can live with that!

Edit: Have just read your response to MarkCh , and will send my details to the support email.

If still not working send details to the support email address given on the www.maprunners.com.au website, with your watch ID, name, event name.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Rob B
I need to update my watch so looking to get a new one that is maprung compatible. I'm looking at the FR245, but  cannot find details of how many controls that watch can accommodate on a course for orienteering competitions. Thanks!

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Rob,

The guidance on how many controls are possible is in Section 4 of the documentation.
http://maprunners.weebly.com/uploads/6/8/6/6/6866500/maprung_user_info_v14.pdf

The closest match to a FR245 is the FR235. (I think FR245 is the later model of FR235)

But having said that, version 0.4 of MapRunG will be released soon and it has been tested to more than 200 controls with an FR235. (This should be adequate for any normal orienteering event).

I find that an FR235 (even with v0.3 of MapRunG), is fine for normal club events. It is the most commonly used watch type with MapRunG.

Just to be sure, maybe check the specs of FR235 vs FR245.

MapRunG Version 1.1.0 Released

New Version of MapRunG (Version 1.1.0)

There is a new version of MapRuNG in the Garmin Store that offers:
- A 4-sec alert upon punching a control,
- reduced memory requirements so that smaller-capacity watches can now handle large courses (capacity is now >200 controls per course)
- added support for Venu Sq and Venu Sq Music models
- better error messaging
- some screen layout optimisation.

Note that an event sent to your watch under the previous version will need to be resent for this version.

Re: MapRunG Version 1.1.0 Released

Mark3
Hi Peter
I've used the previous version ok on the 945.
With the new version tho it just toggles between the start-up page and the About page. What have I missed?
Thanks

Re: MapRunG Version 1.1.0 Released

Mark3
Turning the watch off and on again seems to have solved this :)

Re: MapRunG Version 1.1.0 Released

USKiwi
I have MapRunG on my Fenix 3, but trying to install on my new Fenix 6, it says I need to update my watch to install the latest version of MapRunG. I can’t see any way to force my watch to “update”

Re: MapRunG Version 1.1.0 Released

Pyrosyard
I've just got a 6S Solar and had to update the watch firmware before I could install MaprunG - plugging the watch and cable into my laptop, adding it to Garmin Connect on the laptop and then forcing a sync from there did the job. May be that you've got the same issue.

Backlight stays on with Fenix 3

Steve1
Catching up on an old bug report. When running a course, whenever I 'punch' a CP by running into the proximity circle, my Fenix 3 displays alert, buzzes and turns on the backlight. But the backlight never goes off unless i manually press the light off button.

Re: MapRunG - MapRun on a Garmin Watch

Oliread
Hi Peter,

I have 2 club members trying to download MapRunG to Hi a forerunner 745 and Connect IQ won't allow them to download the app. I’ve not been given any details of an error being displayed and they have space on the device. Do you have any ideas/outstanding bugs? I will try and get some more info in the mean time

Oli
1 ... 8910111213